Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following up to my tensioner pulley thread found out that my steering pump is the cause of the noise.
Does anyone have one off the cars that are being broken at the mo or any other place to get one avoiding breakers if poss as thats where the replacement engine came from and the breakers weren't exactly honest about the state of the engine
Cheers
Si

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Check ebay, I'm sure I saw one on there recently... I'm not sure but doesn't a new one (Mazda/Ford part only) cost around £900?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
900 quid, holy moly, knew they'd be quite expensive but thats what I have spent on rebuilding engine and sticking SS custom exhaust on, blimey beginning to doubt my sanity if I consider spending that much on one part

Nuts

·
Registered
749 Posts
If it is that much, we'd all doubt your sanity for paying it :)
I assume the Probe ones are the same, and there are always loads of Probes being broken on ebay.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
just short of £800 for a new one... 4WS is different... has to be the 2.5 model.. probes and 626GT may be same..

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got in from work and about 200ft up the road the pump went:cry: so am def interested in any going as this means I have to drive my Jeep until fixed and I hate it. The engine is running so well apart from the pump:damnmad:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
power steering pump

Del, can you let me know if you need a hand getting that pump off the MX-6 in Portsmouth as I might be able to lend a hand although I am very booked up this month (weekend work commitments)

ifc

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
the part numbers are different for 2.0 models

John

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ian,

I'll definately need a hand to take it off, so let me know when you're available please mate... oh and while you're down this way you can have a listen to Mrs Del's engine cos it's making a horrible noise..:(

Del.

Ian F Chequer said:
Del, can you let me know if you need a hand getting that pump off the MX-6 in Portsmouth as I might be able to lend a hand although I am very booked up this month (weekend work commitments)

ifc

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
power steering pump

Possibly this coming Friday afternoon or Sunday morning prior to the meet ?

The two weeks after are going to be impossible unfortunately but we could try after that.

Where is the noise coming from?

ifc

·
Registered
822 Posts
if you still need one there is a place on ebay advertising lots of mx6 parts, i have used them before and they seem very helpful and decent. ( i will find the link if you need it.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts