Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my power steering is leaking at the pump is there a O ring in there that i might have pinched and need to replace maby?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah when i put it back together it didnt leak until i ran it and drove it then when it ran though the lines and everything and now it wont hold any powersteering fluid

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I think it's two copper crush washers as it uses a banjo bolt to hook up that giant line to the pump
You know, I think you might just be right. For some reason I was thinking A/C compressor.

Props and karma for the correction. :tup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its leaking from the bigger hose where the hose connects to the pump theres two bolts that hold it on and thats where it is leakign and yes i have it tq down

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
there should be two bolts, one is a 17mm and a 10mm I think. The 10mm is just for the braket, the 17mm is the banjo bolt. you may need to get some new copper crush washers and make sure the surfaces are clean without dirt

its leaking from the bigger hose where the hose connects to the pump theres two bolts that hold it on and thats where it is leakign and yes i have it tq down

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts