Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my drivers winow is doin somethin wierd. if you close the window with the door closed, you end up with a little gap by the side mirror. it doesnt line up with the triangle thing and it ends up with wind noise. LOTS of wind noise.

however, if i open the door and push the up button, it closes that extra bit and doesnt make noise anymore. i checked julians site and inside the door panel. couldnt find any way to fix it.

BUT what i DID come up with is that when the window is down at all, i can sort of twist the window. meaning i can shimmy it on the tracks a little bit front and rear. it has a bit of play. i also noticed that when i open the door to close it that little bit, the back doesnt go up any farther, just the front does.

please, see if u guys can help me out on this one. i cant figure it out.

THANX!!!
L8R
Nick

·
Registered
830 Posts
It seems that many people have the same problem. Mine is on the passanger side, the window comes up very slowly(like it doesn't have enough power), and it will not close all the way up unless you open the door. The strange thing is that it only happend when I try to close that window from driver side switch, if I use pass. side switch, it works just fine.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Your window has two tracks (runners) what ever you want to call them. Try this. With the window in the up position losen the nut on the bottom of the front one and try to move it towards the front of the car (only a little is needed) This helps to keep the tension when the the window is coming up. I had this once a while ago and after hours of (no days of) messing this was the thing that seemed to work best for me. Hope this helps

Cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
coldnoodle said:
It seems that many people have the same problem. Mine is on the passanger side, the window comes up very slowly(like it doesn't have enough power), and it will not close all the way up unless you open the door. The strange thing is that it only happend when I try to close that window from driver side switch, if I use pass. side switch, it works just fine.
yup i've had THAT problem for a while too. sometimes i have to hit the switch like 5 or 6 times before it'll go up. goes up 1st try every time from the pass side tho. i'm gonna check the switch and the wires leading from driver to pass door for that problem.

but that i can deal with for now, wind noise and having to open my door pisses me off. :(

L8R
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts