Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have problems with their power windows? my driver side window is junk, and squeaks when going down, not to mention that it goes down painfully slow....anyone know a quick fix or an estimated cost?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
quick fix

Here's how you fix it. Wax both sides of the window, and then take black magic tire wet or a comparable product and squirt it all over and down the tracks on both sides, get plenty on the rubber part too at the rear of the door. Then run the window up and down several times. It should stop squeaking, and it should move much faster now.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give that a try and see how it works, i really think i need a new power window motor, im guessing it'll take more than just wax, but ill try anyway and see how it goes...l8tr

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, i tried the window idea, and it worked pretty good, not a drastic change, i think my motor is starting to go, but it does go down a bit faster, very helpful idea, thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey i have the same exact problem with the driver side window. Kinda make sense though cuz obviously the driver side window gets used more often :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts