Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,927 Posts
i dont believe that guy just said that... oh well.

yeah you probably have a short either in the wiring, switch, or motor itself. pull off your panel, disconnect the switch harness, pop another fuse in (NOT a bigger one), and if it blows, its in the wiring. you probably hav a pinched wire or something. if it doesnt blow... get ready to spend some money. quite possible its the motor or switches. and like Mike said...fill us in some more...

· Registered
2,927 Posts
i wonder why he would say that it would make the window go slower???... wierd...

· Registered
2,927 Posts
naw tell him it caused a fire... you put in the bigger fuse, got in your car and drove for a few seconds before you smelled smoke... you frantically pulled the car over, almost caused a 10 car pile-up, and had to buy new carpet, stereo, and center console...hehehe.....

· Registered
2,927 Posts
actually that wont work either... because the fuse blows immediately after inserting it, that means there is a short BEFORE any switches, including the ignition switch, window switch etc. so wether the window is stuck or not is completely irrelevant and is thrown out of the equation... ill check my manual to see what color the wire is. looks like your gonna have to pull off your fuse panel and trace the wire looking for breaks in sheathing, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.