Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the IM off got it all back based on mx6 96 v6 vac digram. Now the strange part. If you look on the diagram, there is prc solenoid with 2 vac lines going out of it. First goes to pressure regulator, second to nipple on the IM just under cruise control vacuum line nipple.

Diagram: http://pychok.mediahalo.com/view/fi50b86b05

Now, if i connect everything like on diagram engine will slowly bounce idle the die. The interesting part tho, if i disconnect the line going from prc solenoid to IM everything is fine, car runs perfect.
So far my thoughts were to replace the PRC solenoid. Its the only thing i can think of.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Strange. Doesn't it idle too high with the vacuum line disconnected?
Are you sure you have them the right way round (I'm not sure that it matters). The one that comes out the end of the solenoid goes to the IM, and the one that comes out the side goes to the regulator. (And the oval cap with the Mitsubishi symbol goes on the end next to the nipple that comes out sideways).

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, right like that, based on 96 v6 diagram. Did some research, found out that prc solenoid just controls the fpr (fuel press. regulat.) when coolant temp is above 70c* after restart the car.
The funny thing is that when i was putting all back i found out that some vac lines were connected wrong. Prolly mech. who was doing some stuff on my car couple of months ago did it or the previous owner. I checked the diagram 10 times. :)
However, right now i just excluded the prc from being between fpr and nipple on IM. Works fine.
The part i am interested in is, if its actually safe to run it like that, and should i disconnect the electrical connector from prc ?
Appreciate your effort to help Nick. btw, my real name is Nick as well. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts