Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I finally got my sts in the mail the other day and got it installed on Saturday. What a difference this thing is AWESOME!!! Just thought I'd let ya know...

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven't received mine yet, even though I ordered it the same time u did.

[Edited by Quy93MX6V6 on 01-01-2001 at 05:23 PM]

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a couple of emails from Ken about why it took so long and one of the reasons was because he had to change powdercoater and stuff plus he had a ton of orders...it will be worth the wait tho, you'll like how it feels!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I know this might sound wierd but im trying to get a STS but cant find anyone that has PRD? can u guys help me lol whats PRD stand for or where can i find a place to order it from and about whats the cost :)
Thnx

·
Registered
291 Posts
How hard was this to put in?

How difficult was the install. I would love this thing. Escpecially for a hundred bones... How long is it taking to get it these days? Just wonderin'...

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The install was really easy. Took only about 30 minutes to do. Just pop off the center console. Take the boot and snap rings off. Then get under the car and unbolt the level from the tranny. Pull the lever out from inside the car. Lube everything up and reassemble. That's about it. There is a more detailed install section at Probesport's site but it's really easy to do. As for how long it takes to get one I don't know. I ordered mine on the 16th of November and received it at my door on the 28th of December. (Bear in mind that I live in Canada so shipping takes longer to begin with)

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they've had a couple of bb's for these at probetalk...you should check if anything can get going again they are always in demand...

G

·
bj_swift said:
they've had a couple of bb's for these at probetalk...you should check if anything can get going again they are always in demand...
Yeah i know. I had to back out of the last one cuz i needed money to replace my cracked windsheild :(

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could always try getting one going here then. See if there is interest in it. I think all you need is about 20 ppl to get them for a decent discount. I payed full price for mine 99$, which was actually 176$ for me, but I think it's worth it. Anyways, good luck!

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know the feeling. I was starting to get really worried as to how long it was gonna take to get mine and I was even getting concerned that I had gotten screwed. But, I stayed confident that it would arrive and I got it no problem, it just took a little while. I believe one of the reasons is 'cause customs ripped it open to see what was inside, and then had to repackage. Also figure that Ken is swamped with work as there is a huge demand for this shifter. Just try to be patient and you'll be extra happy when it arrives! take care.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts