Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want a nice cold air intake and cant really find one for the price i want, and i have been seein a lot about prelude intakes on the site, i was wondering if they fit in 6's, and if they do, do they need any modification....thanks

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Yes, they do fit with minimal modifications. There is a tutorial on how to do it somewhere on this board (I forget where).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how hard do u think it would be for an idiot that knows nothing about cars.....and if u have any idea of where i could find out how to do it because i need to know bein the idiot i [email protected]

S

·
0 Posts
on the prelude cai, i think you will need to cut it somewhere near the elbow i think?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i dont want to spend $180 if i can make it myself for 80 bucks.... Also i have heard that gsr intakes work, anyone know anything about that?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i was reading that CAI project posting and it is very interesting. i think i will make one too as it seems not to be hard at all.
where to get that Prelude CAI (and how much should i spend on it)? from a Honda dealer? (i checked EBay but not find one)...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where would u get the couplings...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, at least 1 should come with the kit.

Try these places:
www.hosetechniques.com
search yahoo (et.al.) for Turbo City in Orange, CA
Local Ricer shops
Ebay motors occasionally have them in packages of 3 for ~$25

You will need at least 2 - 3" inlet / 3" outlet silicon couplings to secure the CAI.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will need at least 2 - 3" inlet / 3" outlet silicon couplings to secure the CAI.----------so will i need 2 of each or are they the same....haha damn im an idiot

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, yes you are! :p

As for the description I gave on the couplings:
I thought I explained it pretty thoroughly. But here goes:

3" I/O = 3" inlet/3" outlet = 3" diameter (internal)
These things come in all different sizes. From straight to reduction...

You will need to get 3" diameter (straight) silicon couplings to fit on the CAI piping.

As for how many, search mx6.com using keywords "prelude intake" in the Pic section and follow the directions. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha sorry dude im only 15 just got this car as my first car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts