Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well are talking about the new Prelude SH or the older Prelude SiR. The new pelude would walk you fairly easily with its 200 hp, as for teh older Preludes I dont think they have that much hp and I have seen probes race them very well.

·
Registered
734 Posts
joshrea said:
Well are talking about the new Prelude SH or the older Prelude SiR. The new pelude would walk you fairly easily with its 200 hp, as for teh older Preludes I dont think they have that much hp and I have seen probes race them very well.
Agreed... What mods do you have?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't know about anyone else but I say you'll hurt him pretty bad, aspecially if I read it right that you supercharged your 6. Forced induction is hard to beat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well even with a blower, if its a new prelude (3rd gen i believe)will still run you pretty good. Have you had your car dynoed yet. You'll probably beat him off the line but then again I beleive the prelude is lighter. What do MX6's weigh. I know probes weigh in at a hefty 2900lbs. If its an older prelude you should walk him pretty easily. :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
According to the NHTSA, the 1995 MX-6 Weighs "2773 lbs" and the 1995 Probe Weighs the same.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
A supercharged 6? That's gonna destroy the prelude!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
WELL, if you got that supercharged 6 running right, I think you'll freakin' annialate him! Shit man, what are your times? 0-60, and a 1/4 mile?

I wouldn't be afraid of any thing, especially a prelude!! What psi are you running?

Start talking man. Did you build up the bottom end of the motor?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
joshrea said:
Well even with a blower, if its a new prelude (3rd gen i believe)will still run you pretty good. Have you had your car dynoed yet. You'll probably beat him off the line but then again I beleive the prelude is lighter. What do MX6's weigh. I know probes weigh in at a hefty 2900lbs. If its an older prelude you should walk him pretty easily. :D
I don't know. If the TKT blower kit is actually on the car, and done right, that V6 should be putting 220HP to the wheels. Unless the Prelude is blown as well, he'll be putting in the 165HP range to the wheels. In this configuration, the Prelude will not stand a chance.

Put a blower (turbo, say) on the 'Lude and all bets are off again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
WTF is wrong with you people. A stock LS could hang with a Prelude SH. It would all come down to the driver and their launch. Like most hondas, the Prelude doesnt have so much torque so its slow in the first few gears. But if you are a supercharger, wtf, you will destroy it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
?!?!?!

Geez, a stock LS 5 spd would be a good race. Sure they've got 44 more horsepower, but they've also got a lot more weight and a LOT less low-end torque.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I used to own a 92 prelude Si which is the same as a Prelude SR, as I understand it the SR is just the foregin version of the Si. The SR is not vtec. It has 160hp and 156 lbs/ft. But just because it isn't a vtec doesn't mean it is slow, I beat many new prelude sh's in my 92. The older prelude like mine (the 4th gen 92-96) is lighter and quicker than the new 5th gens. A superchargered MX6 though, may have the advantage. Hard to say. Depends what the prelude has under the hood for mods. I have never seen a MX6 with a supercharger run so I have no idea how quick they are.
Oh, you can check out the page on my prelude:
angelfire.com/ia/prelude
Good luck!

·
Registered
158 Posts
HELLO?

Would someone please, Please, PLEASE listen to Roach and Mike94PGT? An MX-6 with a blower puts 220HP to the wheels. The TKT webpage claims that is like 265 or 275 at the flywheel. My friend has a 92 Prelude Si (5 speed) and it's nothing to write home about. Not that the MX-6 is a rocket, but I've pulled away from him before like nothing. I've read that a turboed MX-6 will do high 13's for 1/4 mile with 6 pounds of boost (http://hometown.aol.com/mx6perform/turbo.htm ). I don't know how the new prelude and new eclipse compare on 1/4 times, but I know they have about the same HP and my friend's slightly modded 2000 Eclipse V6 only runs a 15.1. What I'm saying is that an Mx-6 with forced induction will have no problems with a NA Prelude.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeh, like I said a PGT or LS are very comparable to a few cars:

2000 Eclipse GT
1st and 2nd gen GSTs (as long as they dont up the boost)
Prelude SH
Civic SI

those guys are all pretty close in terms of the 1/4 mile and are primarily determined by the driver. Now add a turbo or supercharger and you will walk anyone of those in stock form.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't install it but the guy who put it in at a perfomance shop said that it was putting out 9psi or something,I raced it at grand bend motorplex(Dragstrip)And ran a 13.99/92mph.I just don't know how fast the new preludes really are.Do you think I can beat him?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts