Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Preludes slow and expensive as the following information presents:

The Nissan 200sx specs:
Maximum Power 147kW @ 6400rpm
Maximum Torque 265Nm @ 4800rpm
Transmission 6-speed manual
Quoted from the nissan web

page:http://www.nissan.com.au/200sx/performance.htm

It is also $5000 less than then honda prelude vti-r.

Honda Prelude VTi-R specs:
Maximum Power 147 @ 7000
Maximum torque 212 @ 5300
Transmission 5-speed Manual
Quoted from honda page:
price: $50k

http://www.honda.com.au/HondaCars/S...default.htm&chan=~HondaCars~showroom~showroom

The Subaru WRX specs:
Power 160/5600
Torque 292/3600
All Wheel Drive
Price $43k

All this information tells me that people who buy honda preludes are moron's, they have been sucked in by a loser carsalesman. HaHa suffa.

P.S. check this comparison out:
http://www.subaru.com.au/frame.asp

G

·
I disagree with the statement "Preludes Suck"

Over here they have slightly different specs...

Max Horsepower: [email protected]
Max Torque: [email protected]
0-60: 6.7sec
1/4mile: BASE MODEL-15.1sec SH-15.3sec
PRICE: BASE MODEL-$23,000 TYPE SH-$26,000
These are OUR specs here in the US. Sorry if you don't like them. Just wanted you to know what they are like over here.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The 0-60 time for the newer preludes is more like 7.1 and 15.1 for the 1/4. It's not faster than the SR-V's, those things are around 6.9. Unless you've done it 6.7 on the track, i still think it's 7.1, but track readings can be off, so 7.1 is on most car mags and internet sites. I'm not dissing the preludes. I love the 92-96 preludes (SR-V of course).. and i'm considering on getting one of those. I just don't like the body of the 97+, and their engine haven't improved at all.. you gain hp but you lose tq... so it's pretty much the same thing.

G

·
Actually, the newer gens did not lost torque, but they did gain 10 horses. But they got slightly heavier, so it evened out. I don't like the 4th gens, they are more feminine looking in my opinion, all rounded bubbly....According to Road and Track the 0-60 time was 6.7 seconds on the newer preludes. The 4th gen had a 6.5 time....but the newer ones are doing 6.7........

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey PreludesRULE, do you know the time for a 92 3000GT SL 0-60 and 1/4? Nobody on here seems to be answering me that question but telling me that I cant beat it. I was watching two of my friends raced... a 3000GT SL and a 2000 Prelude.. it came out to be a tie.. and his prelude isn't stock and the Mitsu was... i was like what the hell just happened? Cuz I figured that the Prelude would've blown him away.

G

·
A stock MX6 LS could take a 3000gt SL pretty easy. That lude driver must not be very good. Race the lude and beat him then beat the 3000GT SL.

G

·
1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 0-60 8.5 1/4mile 16.4
1996 Mazda MX-6 LS 0-60 7.6 1/4mile 15.8
2000 Honda Prelude typeSH 0-60 6.8 1/4mile 15.4
2000 Base Model Prelude 0-60 6.7 1/4mile 15.2

That is what it is....Man, that lude driver sucked! I have roasted one of those 3000GT's before when my car was still stock. If you are in a V6 MX-6 you should be able to beat him.....If in a 4 cylinder....you will have some trouble. In a V6 it will still be a decent race. You will beat him if you are a good driver, but if he is modded or anything, the 3000GT will give you a very good run.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yo thanks for the replies you guys.. it gave me an extra boost of confidence.. we're probably gonna race soon..
I've got a race story also... Ok i'm a car kinda guy, i know what's on the road.. but I swear I've never seen this ugly ass car before. I don't know the make or model. So we were goin down a 2 lane street. On a 50kph zone and we're doing about 100kph, I didn't go any faster cuz I knew she couldn't catch up anyways. She couldn't pass me, so she got mad and got behind me and was on my tail. I gave her the tailights and she changed lanes right away. That's when I stepped on it and didn't let her pass again. Approaching a corner, I slowed down of course, she went right by me and cuts me off. ****in dented my front passenger side. I got out of the car and yelled at her, she says it was her fault.. her excuse "Her road rage" - So I was like whatever.. She says I'll go get my registration number, and when she got in, she ****in took off!!!!!! HAHA I chased her down for about 3 minutes... caught up to her toooo easily and got her plate #. She was probably happy cuz I backed off and let her continue running away thinking I didn't get her #. (GF was crying her face off in the car) Oh that bitch is gonna get it when i see her at the claim center.

So it doesn't look like I can challenge my friend's car anytime soon, cuz autopac is telling me to come in more than 2 weeks from now! Damn ugly girls on the road. If she was hot, I would've excused her. LOL Oh by the way, the prelude's guy excuse was that he got a bad start cuz one of the guy didn't start it properly (i thought so too), and this guy does know how to drive cuz he belongs to a racing team in Wpg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts