Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the stuff about making your own and all. so i just want info about how the PRM intake fits a auto. or does it? or will the intake suck in hot air from the tranny?? any info will be helpful. thanks

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
jdmxsix said:
I have read the stuff about making your own and all. so i just want info about how the PRM intake fits a auto. or does it? or will the intake suck in hot air from the tranny?? any info will be helpful. thanks
The "traditional" FM-4050 HS CAI will not fit the ATX: the transmission case is simply too large and there's not enough room between the cooling fan cage, the lower rad hose and the trans case to fit a 3" pipe down there to get to "cold" air.

However, my understanding is that HS is working on an ATX version of the CAI and that a release date is soon. However, this is all hearsay...perhaps an email to Hotshot at [email protected] themselves would answer your question more accurately.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i saw that on PT or on mx6.com my self, i took at look at HS website and saw nothing. maybe i will just make one myself. i saw some details about them on here i think. later

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
jdmxsix said:
Thanks i saw that on PT or on mx6.com my self, i took at look at HS website and saw nothing. maybe i will just make one myself. i saw some details about them on here i think. later
jd, I'm an idiot. I didn't even read your question properly. I see now that you were asking about the PRM intake, not the HS one. Duh.

Okay now my head is on straight, I do believe the PRM fits ATXs (there's no indication on their website to the contrary...)

Try seeing if you can get a hold of Gerry at http://www.prmracing.com

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
yo....

can i jump in here for a second? the PRM CAI doesnt reach down as low as the HotShot CAI right? because im deciding if i have the peanuts to buy a CAI. thx. sorry to snake your thread jd. ill send you money to compensate...

SolarSlash

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont worry man. I am just looking for some way to get cold air to the HKS filter i have.

i thought about putting a heat shield on the side of the intake, of running some type of pipe some how to get cold air.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
cool....

what i meant by peanuts in my previous post was i dont know if i have the balls to put on the HS CAI. i really dont want to destroy my engine. thats why im pondering the PRM, which i heard doesnt reach down as far as the HS.

SolarSlash

1 - 8 of 8 Posts