Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been thinking about getting an Air Intake Filter. I've searched the Internet and have found the PRM Air Intake. Yesterday I went to my local Platinum Performance Shop and they found that I could get a Weapon R Intake. But now my question is does the Weapon R Intake go underneath the car, which is able to get wet. I already know that the PRM stays within the Engine area, and performance wise which is better.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ok. first of all, the PRM is a cold air intake while the Weapon-R is a funnel short ram intake. The difference is that you will typically see more gains with the PRM as oppose to the Weapon-R. Furthermore, rumor has it that the weapon-r will reduce horsepower because it takes warm/hot air from the engine compartment.

I recently searched for the right intake myself for my ZE (which isnt installed yet) and decided on the PRM. Sure the weapon-r gives you a slightly cooler sound, but i dont need that sound at the expense of my engine. Leave the exhaust to take care of your sound. Go with the PRM.
Hope i helped man, peace. Let me know what you go with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Custom Probley

I dont think I am going to go with any of them man. People on here have been telling me that I should just make my own. But if I dont make my own I will definetly go with the PRM!

·
Registered
172 Posts
i highly recommend that whatever intake you decide on that you have the Weapon R Dragon Filter as your filter. Its not made of that paper crap that more filters are made of. It does help.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the weapon R I just switched from the regular to the Dragon because it looked cool. Cant tell the diff. know I am going to buy the hotshot cai })

·
Registered
172 Posts
you should be able to tell a slight difference in sound because the dragon filter is able to suck in a sh**load more air because its made of a foam material. example...water goes through foam a lot easier than paper right? same principle as air through the foam than through those paper like filters.

·
Registered
321 Posts
the old weapon r filters are that foam substance as well. I just cant hear a difference. but either way I need a CAI sucking to much hot air. but I will keep my dragon filter on the end though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts