Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-
When I went to order my new tires today...205/45/zr16 yokohama paradas the guy from tirerack did not want to sell them to me. He said that the tires exceed the capabilites of the mx6 and could cause damage and they did not want to be held responsible for car failure. I told the guy dont worry about it and i ordered them anyway. My question is, has anyone else had problems getting new tires from a store/company?

http://adamsmx-6.freeyellow.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Some places are that way.Mainly places who's employee's are telling u what their computer has told them & they really don't know what their talkin 'bout.But I wouldn't worry to much 'bout it.I've had some probs trying to get things for my first gen. and I just tell them what I want,if their not cooperative I can take my buisness elsewhere.If the salesman did know something I don't,at least he told u.

·
Registered
257 Posts
THATS RE GOD DAMN DICULOUS!
there's no such thing as a "too-good-tire" or a tire "exceeding the capabilities of a car".
you could put Brigestone SO2s on your mom's TAURUS if one were so inclined. and noone would DIE if u did.

HOWEVER, ON THE OTHER HAND...
put some crappy H rated BF Goodrich or Firestone on a 911 TURBO... THEN bad things happen. then the CAR exceeds the TIRE. THAT is possible.

i bet they sell Paradas to a guy with a DX CIVIC!!! if THAT aint a case of a tire exceeding the car....well, actually it IS.

L8R
Nick
BLUMX6

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rims for sale...

I want the whole car,but since I can't afford it,how much 4 the rims,w/ or w/o tires,what size are they.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts