Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me what a shortshifter is or what it does? i know absolutly nothing about anything but im trying to learn about stuff
so sorry if its a dumb question
thanx

G

·
Hey man its not a dumb question thats why were all on this site to find s##%T out about our rides
What the short shifter does is 1 lower the hight of your factory shift knob 2 reduce the throw between gears and help when reduce shift timeing.. i have one from pacesetter and it works well one of the best investments i have done on my ride ... aight peace..

G

·
I have one from PRD, which is a Probe/MX6 specific company. This was a really good investment, the throws are shorter than a Miata's, plus there's very little notchiness. Check them out at http://www.proberacing.com.

PS: If you get a shortshifter, stay away from the B&M shifter. I've heard some bad stories about those. Go for either Pacesetter or PRD. I'd go for PRD cuz it's cheaper, plus your supporting an essential part of the Probe/MX6 community.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
heehee

true about supporting the community, i just ordered mine from prod and im expecting it soon i hope, I cant bloody wait till it gets here... Im hoping it will make the car even MORE fun to drive :)

cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts