Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was wondering if probe coilovers would fit on a 2nd gen mx6. i read that the suspension is the same but just stiffer on the probe. any help is appreciated, thanks

also....i mean true coilovers, not the ones that are put on over the struts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
ozmojo1 said:
i was wondering if probe coilovers would fit on a 2nd gen mx6. i read that the suspension is the same but just stiffer on the probe. any help is appreciated, thanks

also....i mean true coilovers, not the ones that are put on over the struts
Yes they will fit.

And all coilovers goes over the struts. Without struts you don't have a suspension system, more like 4 pogo sticks on your car.

I think you meant real coilovers as in Ground Control system or Motul or one of the rarer custom types. Cause if you are even considering any Drop Zone or eBay special slap yourself silly and look again.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nonono, the 'real' coilovers i am talking about are the coilover systems that cost more than a grand, you know, know seperate strut and spring, its one complete unit. i saw a set for a probe and wondered if theyd fit my 6. thanks

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Ok wow, so it's a coilover spring

OVER A STRUT

Hence the idea of a coliover system. I don't see the amazing complexity in that. And a grand isn't any amazing system. A set of GC coilovers and Illuminas is easily $1000 from any store.

And I only know of 2 companies making complete "suspension system" for our cars. A coilover setup does NOT include a strut. Whilst a suspension system does. You meant to say a suspension system than. Motul will run you a good $3,000+ and the other (forgot the name) starts around $1200+ and jump thousands easily.

Even than, either of these are not something you can or should buy. For one you have to specify the spring rates and the valving for the struts. I for one does not know what the pressure or valving setup should be for an Mx6. As for spring rates, I have a few ideas but I wouldn't know how to match that with the valving setups. And that's just two of the data you have to provide. The Motul also requires stroke length and a few other things to make the setup.

Maybe that amazing system you saw was a simple coilover system and strut. Or are you referring to the Tokico setup, which is not a coilover setup at all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: Re: probe coilovers on an mx-6

parisifal said:
Yes they will fit.

And all coilovers goes over the struts. Without struts you don't have a suspension system, more like 4 pogo sticks on your car.

I think you meant real coilovers as in Ground Control system or Motul or one of the rarer custom types. Cause if you are even considering any Drop Zone or eBay special slap yourself silly and look again.
Wow, that question was answered right away

1 - 8 of 8 Posts