Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've been looking at MX6 LS and Probe GT's. I noticed that all things being equal, a Probe with 90k miles goes for the same price as a MX6 with 120-130k. My question is which is the better buy. There are WAY too many probes in this area and it's nice to be a little different, but I'm worried about resale in the next few years. Will it be too hard to get any money back from an MX6 with 150k+ miles? I know the cars are pretty much the same, so would the probe probably last longer? Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sari

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
You're right about the resale values. However, you admitted that they are almost the same (everything underneath except the A/C system is essentially the same). Of course, all things being equal (same driver, maintenance, same conditions, etc), they should last the same. But of course this is the real world and crazy things happen.

I've seen good running PGTs and MX-6s with over 150K on them. Resale value does begin to hurt you there, especially when trying to sell to an individual.

Tyson

1 - 2 of 2 Posts