Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone out there who has contemplated this idea. My younger brother used to own a 93' Probe GT. After driving his car I knew I wanted the same drivetrain in a vehicle I owned. His Probe GT had a huge hatchback area but shit for ANY leg room for anyone who needed to ride in the back seat. I know, because I had to sit sideways since he pushed his driver's seat up against the rear seat bottom cushon and his wife is also fairly tall for a chick. Anyway I bought an MX-6 LS, with a 5 sp. Sweet car! Even with only 164 bhp and 160 lbft.torque, it keeps up (no I cannot blow off Corvettes, etc.) pretty well.

One thing though, I feel that the MX-6 LS was cheated on the wheel rubber in comparision to the Probe GT. I realize the MX-6 LS was sold more as a personal sport coupe instead of a real sports car, therefore the smaller OEM tire/wheel combination and softer suspension set up.

My question is; Has anyone tried to fit the Probe GT's 16 inch wheels and P225 50series 16's into the MX-6 wheel wells? Yes,I realize the speedo gear would have to be changed to correct for the overall larger wheel circumference.

Thanks in advance.

Ron ([email protected])

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey man, I have some probe 16" with 225's on my car...it takes a little away in terms of power and acceleration, but it looks nice...lower the car too

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, for the info. about the Probe GT wheel fit question. By the way, thanks to all for letting view your MX-6's. NICE.......examples, man.

Later,
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts