Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was my 93' mx-6 v6 against my cousins, 93 probe v6 gt, his is a stick, mine an automatic. we were at a red light, it turned green and we were off, he had me a a hair at first , we were side by side til about 55 and then i pulled out with the lead and the win, he was suprised, i know that the cars are almost exact but him having the stick and all. but it is a mx-6 so we should win.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
good job man the mx6 is better than the probe in the looks i think but good job on the race to, i thought he might win cause of the stick but i mean if u cant drive a stick then it dont matter right

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i was happy, who makes the probe engines mazda or ford, i heard there is a 210 hp motor that mazda makes for the probe

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nope. Same engine made by Mazda.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
The 210hp motor you're thinking of is the Jap-spec KL-ZE engine. Quite a few probe people have imported them from japan and put them in their cars. Supposedly they're quite fast.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hell ye ah

their aint nothin like the mx-6 is there. they are the best. some guy in my town is selling a jap spec engine with 20 thousand miles i am thinking about it, is $1600 a good price for one.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah right, unless he is a Sh*tty driver than there is now way you beat him. 1st a stock probe is slightly faster than a stock mx6 and second a stick is alot faster than an automatic, in know in probes the 0-60 times is almost a second difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts