Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have probe rims on their mx6? i am thinking of buying a set off a guy for 200 bucks with new tires for the winter, but i don't want it to look stupid. i need to take my chrome rims off for winter though. the rims are the five star ones. if anyone has a pic, please post it or send it to me. thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Re: I was think about add probe rims too

ACIDBURN said:
Would Probe rims fit on an Mx-6?

yes. same bolt pattern and close enough offset if it is any different. i hope everyone doesn't do this as i remember seeing only one pic of a 6 with PGT rims. i am going for the swap when i get the $$$ and after a new clutch. just don't paint them white or i will have to kill you :mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MY MX6 IS SILVER, SO I WON'T PAINT THEM WHITE. ACTUALLY, I WANT TO DO THE GUN METAL LOOK. I TAKE IT THAT THE PROBE RIMS LOOK OKAY?

·
Registered
511 Posts
i think they'd look great. be a good upgrade for me since i have 14" 4cyl rims. i'm also partial to 5 spoke but after seeing many i'm liking the chrome swirlies. if you've never been to www.probetalk.com check out the probe pic post and you can find lots of probe with stock rims.

oh and as for the FORD center caps, i think you can just sand them smooth and paint it so its blank. or maybe swap your mazda ones on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SAND DOWN THE CENTER PIECE BECAUSE MY STOCK RIMS ARE CHROME. I'VE SEEN THE RIMS ON PROBES, AND THEY AREN'T BAD. I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO PUT THEM ON AND SEE IF I LIKE THEM BEFORE I BUY THEM. ANYWAY, IT IS JUST FOR WINTER.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have the rims on my 6... they look awesome! too bad they're so damn heavy! as for the center caps, the mazda ones pop right in... it wasnt a problem for me at all. when i get my car painted (spring if im lucky) i'll do the gunmetal thing to my rims.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts