Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
NCMX6 said:
I was recently looking at www.Probesport.com and I found an Air Filter. http://www.probesport.com/aik.html
It says it is for a 4 cyl. but does anyone believe it will work on the V6. Also, will this give me performance such as a K&N?
All that is is a cone filter with a metal adapter to fit the 4 cyl VAF. On a 6 cyl, all you need is to purchase a 3" cone filter and then attatch it directly to the MAF. You will not need an adapter. Plus, if you place the cone filter directly on the MAF, that will draw more hot air derived from the engine block rather than cold air so it will defeat the purpose of trying to draw cold air. If anything I would go for a Hotshot Intake or a PRM intake and go cold air for real. if you have an ATX, then unfortunately you're out of luck. The next best thing would be to make your own "Home Depot CAI" and try to whip something out yourself.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
MX-6 BOY jr said:
actually, hot shot does in fact offer a cai for the auto now.
Yes but it's only for the Ford Probe 93+ ATX.

By the way, if you're in California anywhere near Hotshot, they need a 93+ ATX MX6 to testfit the new CAI. So if you're in the area, call them up, you might wind up with a free CAI.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think im just going to save my money for a PRM, to save me all the trouble!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts