Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting a pgt psi boost gauge in the tach of my 88 mx-6 GT, how do i go about the wiring? should i do seperate? has this been done before? i could add an aftermarket gauge but i rather have the stock look. Also thinkin of adding oil pressure and battery gauge. Let me know if this has been down, and how you did it!

Eric

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
scratch the battery gauge, its not worth the trouble

an quick update, scratch the battery gauge, it is not worth the effort, and replace "down" with "done"

sorry for the typo

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hrm, from everything I've heard, the stock PSI gauge sucks. It's very inaccurate. Something to keep in mind. I really don't know how it would wire up, but, if you insist on using it, I'll look up in my shop manual how it's wired.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it may suck, but its better then no gauge

I have heard it isnt the best too, but i dont know of any other stock looking gauge that i could mount in the tach, and i think the stock one would be much easier to wire up

Eric

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well... I guess you're right, I still don't know how you're gonna mount it in the instrument cluster.
I can't find anything about the boost gauge right offhand in this stupid manual, it's got great info, but, it's all hard to find. I'll keep looking and see if I can find something pertinent.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey
well im disecting the probe instrument cluster, and the psi gauge goes right on the center of the tach(on the bottom part). there is room for it in there and i really want it in there. let me know if you can find it

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts