Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a probe gt and next year planning on swapping the motor into my mx6 and am wondering if everything i need will be there to put the v6 in. The main concern is the wiring for the console and if the computers from mazdas v6 and fords were the same and would work all the dash components. The other plan i have is to use the rear disc brakes from the probe and getting rid of my drums but that will probably be self explanitory as soon as i start digging into the two.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Whats the point of swapping them? They are the same exact motor. Go buy a KLZE and swap that and make it worth while.

·
Registered
304 Posts
He didn't specify if he has a I4 but either way he would make an even bigger gain with a ZE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its trye i currently have the i4 and the probe will only cost $600 tops and will make a good winter car. the body has enough damage to total it over 3 or 4 times. no part of the car is repairable every side has a dent or isnt there. Anyone know why a odometer would slant the first three numers. (normal problem or caused by rolling back the miles??)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts