Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my 89 mx6 turbo was runnin nice the other day and all of a sudden its on stock boost and i hit boost and it starts bogging. like rpms kinda die and it feels like the wheels are going to fall right off. but when i dont hit boost it seems to be fine. does anything come to mind
thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could it be the intercooler itself? i put some jd weld on the intercooler, its a little crack

·
Registered
639 Posts
id say its most likely the boot or piping something probably dry rotted and had its last breath

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i loosened the boot and shoved it in maybe a 1/4" and im not having the problem anymore thanks

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
but did you check it to make sure there's no crack in it...you'll be on the boards again asking what's wrong now if you didn't.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill check it tomarow but im gona have to get a new boot anyways. its hard as a rock. im just happy i can boost agian.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
dweigand said:
its supposed to be hard as a rock

check for cracks
it is? mine is actually quite soft and flexible. it's when they get hard as a rock that the tears start showing up because they can't flex with the air pressure rising....

Btw...if you need another boot...i've got one and it's in pretty good shape. pm me if interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts