Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my freakin hood rattles off and if i don't stop it i might go postal..i can't find anything that is obviously loose somebody help me before i do somthing rash

·
Registered
345 Posts
i've noticed the same problem recently too on my 88 GT. I think it is the heat factor of my manifold having 1 stud broken and one hangin by a thread. The heat might have caused it. Everything I checked seems to be in order. When i press on the hood the rattle stops. I also noticed that there is no resistance when i pull the leaver inside my car for the hood realease. But I really don't know what it is!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've tried the hinges and the latch to see if they're loose, but they are not..i put elec. tape on the loop that the latch catches but could't get the hood closed so i took it off..i think i'll go to uwrench it(junkyard) tomarrow and see if maybe i'm missing some of those rubber things that cushion the hood. i've two holes that look like something use to be there. who knows..

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
This is an easy fix. I just fixed mine.
Open your hood and look at the radiator support. Find the rubber do-dads that the hood sits on. These are your problem. Now go to Wal-Mart in the hardware section and buy some stick-on felt feet, the kind you put on the legs of chairs and under furniture and stereos and junk like that. They are made by a company called "Soft Touch" Buy the ones that are the same diameter as the top of your rubber hood dealies - 3/4 inches. They come in packs of like 20 for around $2.50. Stick one each of these on top of those rubber things, and your hood will not rattle anymore. It will be great and you will smile.

[Edited by antiSUV on 04-21-2001 at 11:43 PM]

·
Registered
43 Posts
you can do that or you can take those rubber circles and turn them until they are the desired height so your hood won't rattle anymore. At least thats how it is on my friend's car.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Turning the rubber circles doesn't do anything. They just spin around, staying the same height.

·
Registered
43 Posts
sorry about the bad info. My friend's car is an eclipse so I didn't really know if it would work or not. Sorry :-<

1 - 10 of 10 Posts