Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel stupid!!!!!!!!!! I put a new head on my car because the person who had it before me let it overheat a couple of time killing the gasket and the head. well here are the problem 1. timing cam is at 1 crank is at TDC but the rotor is at three. 2. turn the dist car started also grounded the green wire to strut. btw i turned the car off and the sproket on the water pump shoot thought the timing cover. HELP why would the rotor be off and why did the sproket shoot????????????

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Where do you live at? Maybe I can swing by and give you a hand. I've never had those problems and I've pulled the head on my car twice.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Hmm sounds like your closer to evo626 than anyone. I live all the way up in loveland and I doubt my car would make it all the way there.

So, I'm assuming you got the timing marks aligned and everything. Why did you start it with the test connector grounded? How tight did you have the timing belt? Sounds like you're in for a new water pump at the very least, and need to look over the other work a little more.

When it started did it run good?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
timing everything is at one except for the rotor which is at 3. which really puzzles me. i grounded the test connector to turn off the computer timing. the timing belt tension was tighting down when i put the spring back on. and when it started it felt good and idle on it's own . but sound i don't know i had to jump the car, the exhaust on my camaro was to loud to hear. and i did spend about four or five hours double checking everything

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
did you take off your cam sprocket? if so, that gear can be put on 4 diffrent ways, maybe that happened??? that the only way i can thing of the gear being at 1 and dissy at 3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts