Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 probe gt with a klde swap. if i start the car it will idle fine but if i give it more than 1/4 throttle it bogs and starts sputtering and trying to die. i can rev it out if i do it gradually. it doesnt miss or skip until i step into it. it doesn't change no matter what speed you are going. i have tried (with junkyard parts) replacing the tps and the mass air flow(twice) and i have replaced the cap and rotor and the wires and plugs. i just dont know can anyone help?

i forgot to mention that none of the vaccuum lines were ran right so i think that the egr valve might be clogged cause it wasnt working??????

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have a 95 probe gt with a klde swap. if i start the car it will idle fine but if i give it more than 1/4 throttle it bogs and starts sputtering and trying to die. i can rev it out if i do it gradually. it doesnt miss or skip until i step into it. it doesn't change no matter what speed you are going. i have tried (with junkyard parts) replacing the tps and the mass air flow(twice) and i have replaced the cap and rotor and the wires and plugs. i just dont know can anyone help?

i forgot to mention that none of the vaccuum lines were ran right so i think that the egr valve might be clogged cause it wasnt working??????

I know this might sound stupid but how much gas did you have when this happened?

aslo do you think the coil is taking a shit?

·
Registered
605 Posts
check your plug wires and plugs themselves. make sure disty contacts are clean and not corroded at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrong section buddy. Moving this now.

Also, if you have a KLDE how is it a swap? The DE was the stock v6 in the probe gt.
i am not sure. i think it is. it has the long neck intake and the it was swapped into the car before i got it. but it does have an egr valve so i dont know. and the codes on the head say that it is a klde so i have no idea

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this might sound stupid but how much gas did you have when this happened?

aslo do you think the coil is taking a [shizzle]?
i really have no idea, it has done it since i got it and it had a full tank then. i havnt tried the coil but i will give it a shot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

aslo do you think the coil is taking a [shizzle]?
it isnt the coil cause if i give it gas slowly i can rev it all the way out, no problem but if i try and dump into it it sounds like a massive misfire and only picks up to like 4200 rpms. it has gotten more power back since i reconnected all of the vacuum lines but it still isnt fixed

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Until you route your vacuum lines according to the correct diagram, there's no point looking elsewhere for problems. If you have done that, then is it showing any codes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Until you route your vacuum lines according to the correct diagram, there's no point looking elsewhere for problems. If you have done that, then is it showing any codes?
they are ran right now. that is what i did. but the car still has another problem and i cant figure it out. i have checked for mor vaccuum leaks and i cant find any and i have used carb cleaner too

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
it isnt the coil cause if i give it gas slowly i can rev it all the way out, no problem but if i try and dump into it it sounds like a massive misfire and only picks up to like 4200 rpms. it has gotten more power back since i reconnected all of the vacuum lines but it still isnt fixed
I seem to remember the disty causing these kinds of problems in some cars too. I think most people say it maxes out at 4500 rpm or so...do some searching on that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I seem to remember the disty causing these kinds of problems in some cars too. I think most people say it maxes out at 4500 rpm or so...do some searching on that.
that might be it... i have heard that from a few people. but i am also getting a check engine from the egr vacuum

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
It sounds like the EGR valve is stuck open.

Unfortunately it's not that easy to get to on a probe with a Millenia style (curved neck) intake.

Its on the back of the manifold near the center and is held in by two 10mm bolts a pipe fitting and an electrical connector.

It might be easier to get the fitting from under the car where it connects to the manifold.

The code is likely from the lift sensor showing the valve open when it's supposed to be closed.

I think you either have a usdm Millenia engine swapped or a USDM Millenia intake on any other KL series motor. if you want to figure out what motor you have or what combination of parts you have search the sight for KL-ZE faq's or engine identification for the various part numbers and other signs to look for.

Also when posting replies use the multi quote function to avoit having to multi post. It's anoying to have to read half a dozen posts in a row when one will do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i know that i can suck through the egr vacuum and it moves no problem i just had it off. i have the straight long neck intake too. i also went to the junkyard to try and find parts but none of them had the same vacuum routing or the same intake or even distributor or coil. and it is an obd1 so i am getting code 28. i cleared the memory cause i was getting 12 different codes and the only one i am still getting is the egr vacuum

1 - 20 of 36 Posts