Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my exhaust manifold gasket replaced a couple months ago. Ever since then my car has been better, accelerated a lot better, since I'm not losing any pressure from a blown gasket. Yet my manifold has been coming loose.... The bolts have been slowy unscrewing and my exhaust leak is back. The other day I tightened all the bolts back on it, and my acceleration was back! Yet, when I gunned it, the fuel cut would come on. Any reason for this? Also, three days ago when I tightened the bolts on my manifold, it's already loose again, and you can hear the exhaust leak when I accelerate. Would I need to buy a new manifold? New studs? I've got about 185,000 miles on my MX6-GT. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The manifold uses special nuts that lock. They are flat on two sides like it was squished. If you didn't use these nuts I can see why they are comming loose. They are available from Mazda. (the turbo also uses these nuts along with other places like the rear suspension.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a closer inspection, I found out that one of my studs are broken... I'm going into Mazda and ordering factory replacement studs, a new gasket, and replacement bolts... I'll look into the special bolts you are talking about. My job w/the state just ended last week, so cash is real tight.... But thanks for the info Manifest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts