Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 Disc Sony CD changer that makes this high pitched, squelling noise in the background when it plays. It comes on and off, but is really annoying. I tryed running one of those CD lens cleaner things, which did not help. Anyone know what the problem might be?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess everyone is as clueless as I am. It seems the past two days have been really humid and, the problem has been a little bit worse. So I have a feeling it is a short in a wire somewhere rather than a dirty lens.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the noise is definitly comming from the CD changer. I don't here it when I use the radio or tape deck.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It sounds like a problem with the internal cd changer parts. If it is still under warranty, I suggest you return it, if not you can still return it to sony and they will fix it for you (usually not free).

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't talked at all to Sony about it, but I think I found my problem. The audio lines and power source line are all run through the right of the car bundled together. Since the power line is not shielded it is possibly interfering. At least thats what my friend said, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes that is a problem, but you mentioned that the noise is coming from the CD changer unit and not the speakers. If your friends theory were correct then strange noise would be coming from the speakers and not the unit. If the noise is coming from the unit then there's definitely something wrong with it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a Philips cd-changer.
This model has a screw which I must turn in the right hook.
This hook is depending from how the changer is mounted.
Maybe your changer has such a screw also?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The two audio lines and power source are only for the CD changer (that is located in the trunk).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts