Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have had the problem I have.About 5 days ago my car started making a weird whistle sound when I accellarated.Later on that day my stage 3 clutchmasters clutch started slipping I was like wtf?Well I ordered a new clutch and dropped it off at my mechanic.About 5 hours later I get a call saying I needed to come look at my flywheel.When I got there they showed me the flywheel and it was grounded down severly and had ripples in it my clutch was grinded all the way to the disk I can't see how my car still drove.Anyways. I tried to contact fidanza today but they are closed on Saturdays.My question is has anybody else had any kind of problems with there fidanza flywheel.Plus I know there is going to be someone that is going to ask if it was installed right and the answer in yes.It was proffesionally installed by my boys shop.Oh by the way the clutch/flywheel had been in my car for about a year and 4 months.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Did you resurface the flywheel? My Fidanza needed to be resurfaced before I put it in (with a MTX thanks to hughes!)

Anywho, the clutch came with some #'s to resurface the flywheel. Mine was .787 . And it needed it. But then again I have the v6 and it's most likly different for the i4.

Oh, and if you didn't resurface the flywheel, you voided the warrenty on your clutch.

Hope this helps for the future,
-Chris

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have had no problems with my Fidanza. Its been good to me all this time that I have had it. Let me know how that Spec Stage 3 turns out. But first of all call up Fidanza for sure, let them know the situation and ask them if they think it was a manufacturing flaw. ALSO, call clutchmasters as see what they have to say. It could have been the clutch's fault.

Josh

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have some good news.I contacted fidanza today and talked to a gentlemen by the name of Jeff.He was very helpfull and directed me to clutchmasters where I talked to a man named Jose.I was told that if I sent in my flywheel,pressure plate and disk they would test them and if there was any flaw in the products they would replace them.So tomorrow I will be sending out my stuff.If it comes down to it my worse case senario would be I would have to buy a new insert for my flywheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts