Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone.

I got a problem on my hands that maybe someone could help me out with.
Here it is....

I used to have a '94 MX6 LS and bought Hotshot headers for it (I didn't install them). Now I have a '96 MX6 and would like to install them. I emailed Hotshot asking if a set of '94 headers would fit on a '96 car, and they said no. Boy that made my day. The reason why is that they are not interchangable because they have different smog fittings.

So...any suggestions? I don't wanna spend another 4 bills on headers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think you should be able to install them. As far as I know, Hotshot used to make headers for all 2nd gen MX6/PGT's. Then people were having problems with the EGR valve on the 96+'s so then they decided to only make their headers applicable to the 93-94 (or 93-95, not sure). The only difference is I thing the rear exhaust manifold where the EGR valve hooks up. i'm sure that if you bring it to a reputable shop, they'll be able to rig it up somehow. Either by extending it or using a flexible valve or something.

OR

You could wait until hotshot makes their headers for the 95-97 MX6/PGT and just buy the rear exhaust manifold from them.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The 96 creates a few problems because of the two pre-cats on the exhaust manifold and the 4 O2 sensors. The Hotshot headers aren't designed fowith this in mind and the OBD-II will record the error codes from not using all the sensors.

·
Registered
108 Posts
if you wanna be sure and just get the new hotshot headers for your 96 just sell your old headers to someone who is interested and use that money to buy your new ones,.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hey, check this link out

Header Installation

this will probably help u out. if u want to sell the headers, i am interested.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Efini,

Yeah I wanna sell them now that I know I am going have problems with them. Make me a reasonable offer close to what I paid for them because the headers have never been installed on my previous '94 and they are still in its bubble wrap. I also have the original box and the hardware.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts