Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, last night and for a couple of days whenever I push down on the gas pedal it seems to like spudder like its not gettting and power and then take off when I shift into 3rd and so on and give it gas it does the samething. The car hops a little bit while its spuddering. Now could this be the fuel pump. Please any info?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Hey thanks guys I was hopeing it would be the plugs or wires.
But it doesnt spudder if I'm taking it real easy only if I give it some gas and speed up real fast. Would that still be the plugs?

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have a 93 2.0 with the exact same problem!!! its been going on for 2 or 3 days, and it happens anytime im on the gas at all, in any gear. i have another post reagearding this... and ive heard it could be any of a few things.... a) fuel pressure regulator, b) fuel filter clogged with dirt, c) maf sensor needs cleaned, and now the suggestion of plugs and wires on this post... by the way, if im in neutral, the car revs like it should, smoothly.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob, in your 1st gen make sure your throttle body boot isn't cracked. Also replace the plug wires and your plugs, and gap them correctly.

Also, is that transmission I sold you in yet?

·
Registered
245 Posts
actually jon that was my friend posting about his car, and no the tranny is not in yet i am waiting to buy a clutch and cv axeles before i replace the tranny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts