Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so i've been thinking a little about turboing my fully stock '93 mx6 v6 and wanted to know if there was anything i should look out for. I dont know very much which is why im asking. Has anyone had any problems with their car after installing a turbo? Any info will help. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
transmission.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Use the search tab. I spent about a month reading posts & doing reseach before i even considered boosting mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
DIY FaQ - All your answers in one big post - Miata Turbo Forum - Home of the turbo Mazda Miata. is also another source of some very very useful information on DIY turbocharging. I cannot emphasize this enough. I know this might sound blasphemous on this forum, but try lurking around that forum for a while. It is turbo specific and the people there really know their shit.

On another note, I have turbocharged my car and would like to note that if you do not have the money or experience to do it right, it would be a huge risk physically and financially. It would be a waste if you bought expensive parts you did not need, or if you stopped halfway through your project due to insufficient knowledge/time with your vehicle MIA, or if your investment spontaneously blew up within 2 miles of your test drive.

Also, if you are DIY turbocharging, you WILL encounter problems [period] Even if you've spent $2000+ on your setup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts