Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my clock in my 88 has been losing it's display. I look at the clock and it is not working. If I tap on the dash display will return in the correct time. So I am assuming the clock has power or it would reset or show a different time. That being said I do not think the plug is lose. Anyone ever had this issue and/or possible causes.

After 356,000 plus miles I am kinda attached to it but I guess I could live with another one if it starts to fail more often. Also is there a difference between the years for the clocks?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
i had that same problem, thought it was a loose connector, cut the harness to the clock at the jy and found out that it was the actual clock that was bad.i used my old one i had from my parts car, but the screen is faded. i got another one though and i might come up with another one on thursday cause i found me a grey dash at a nearby jy :) but hopefully it works. i'll let u know.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
hey i noticed there is a difference in years on the clocks. my 89 had a smaller clock module, and was white/black.

my 88 on the other hand, is a orange/black module and is larger in size, the display is the same and even though they're different in size/shape, they still plug n play. i have a working one if you need one. just a little bit hazy but i'll let u have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts