Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 mazda MX6 V6, a couple of weeks ago my car died on me. It stalled and wouldnt start up, so i had it towed to a mechanic. They put in a New computer, the car still wouldnt start.... so they put in a new Distributer, cause they said that it was burnt....... Now the car starts, it idals fine, and after 2 or 3 minutes it stalls...... What is wrong with it?? could itbe the wiring......???????
Help :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,770 Posts
Let me point you to the correct forum where will actually get help.....

~Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,869 Posts
kaleana said:
I have a 93 mazda MX6 V6, a couple of weeks ago my car died on me. It stalled and wouldnt start up, so i had it towed to a mechanic. They put in a New computer, the car still wouldnt start.... so they put in a new Distributer, cause they said that it was burnt....... Now the car starts, it idals fine, and after 2 or 3 minutes it stalls...... What is wrong with it?? could itbe the wiring......???????
Help :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Please tell me they didn't charge you for the ECU.....I haven't heard of a Mazda MECS 1 ECU having such a catastrophic failure. Way too many "pros" are all too happy to swap ECUs. I blame it on their ignorance :shrug:

What kind of distributor did they replace the other with? When it stalls, does it immediately start right back up? Does it "stall" just sitting there, or while you are driving? Is it a hard stall, or does it slowly die out?
-Garrett
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Problems with my MX-6

skiingman said:
Please tell me they didn't charge you for the ECU.....I haven't heard of a Mazda MECS 1 ECU having such a catastrophic failure. Way too many "pros" are all too happy to swap ECUs. I blame it on their ignorance :shrug:

What kind of distributor did they replace the other with? When it stalls, does it immediately start right back up? Does it "stall" just sitting there, or while you are driving? Is it a hard stall, or does it slowly die out?
-Garrett
i found the ecu for 175 with shipping...... and we are getting the old one so thats not the issue........the car stalls just sitting there and it stalls hard.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,869 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Problems with my MX-6

kaleana said:
i found the ecu for 175 with shipping...... and we are getting the old one so thats not the issue........the car stalls just sitting there and it stalls hard.....
Someone scammed you on the disty. Go buy another reman, this time with a Mazda sticker on the side. I paid about 270 for my last one, and that was without the benefit of being able to shop around.
-Garrett
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top