Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So; since Zach informed me about this section I can know ask this question.
Im sure people know about the rear push rod in the rear box of the Mx-6. When this rod breaks the car does whats called "crabbing."

The front wheels are straight and the rear wheels are stuck turned. When you drive kinda looks like a crab. :D

Since the parts cant be purchased has anyone thought about having these rods made and selling them? I remember a thread being posted about the measurements of the push rod. Or you can remove it, take it to a machine shop and tell them to duplicate it.

I really want to fix my 4WS. I havent had it for a year now. Probably longer.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
i think i remember reading something once on threading both ends of the rod and being able to screw them back together or something. i cant find the thread though.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... Its a plain rod with threaded ends. The rod tends to snap. Which also reminds me, once this rod breaks and you have a new one made youll need to realign the rear wheels.

I forgot how this is done. Hope that thread is still around.
It was in the Ausi section.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Yes... Its a plain rod with threaded ends. The rod tends to snap. Which also reminds me, once this rod breaks and you have a new one made youll need to realign the rear wheels.

I forgot how this is done. Hope that thread is still around.
It was in the Ausi section.
That post is now a sticky here, but the sad thing is the pics have vanished, and most likely a long time ago. Hopefully the wiring that is described is the same on the US Models.

Glad you could join up in the new forum Ray :tup:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
which rod is this? The rod that connects the front rack to the rear rack?

Have pics? I have a complete system as a spare...but this intrigues me if I don't have this one.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think theres one inside that connects to the spring assembly? I had the pan off my rear rack a few years ago and seem to remember seeing some sort of threaded shaft.

I was just surfing through the 4ws sub-forum and noticed this. I'm a machinist by trade and have a spare rack that I could disassemble, and thought I could make a few of these up for myself and others to help get their 4ws system back working if it was a piece that commonly fails and extras cant be had (which im sure cant).

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I think what a few people need would be this shaft you're speaking of, the rod and knuckle between the two racks and shifter rods for the MTX...

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
But there may be a difference, or so I've heard, that there is a difference in length between the coupe and sedan 4ws steering rod between racks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts