Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a one of a kind license plate bracket. Its basically universal. This is IDEAL for a bodykitted car and/or boosted car. This plate is perfect for show use also, simply loosen 2 set screws and pull the license plate off with ease.

The details on this bracket:
  • Completely made of aluminum and SS hardare, no rusting!!
  • Very strong, it held up for as fast as my car will go (120mph)
  • The license plate peice is hinged to allow the license plate to float back allowing more air to your intercooler.
  • The license plate mounting plate has 2 set screws for adjusting the lenght the license plate will stand out from your bumper. Also for quick removal of the license plate peice for a show or other reason.
  • The license plate peice has 3 height adhustment options
  • Quick retract spring to keep the license plate down at low speeds.
  • The license plate will float back at about 40mph.
  • The entire setup mounts on the inside of your bumper, not on the outside, its basically undetectable when removed.
$26 Shipping included US only.
There is nothing else like this, and there wont be anymore.
Paypal me direct at: [email protected]

mounting bracket slides for adjustment.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be put on ebay soon enough and sold as a universal item. i thought id give mx6ers a chance at it first

This is what everyone suggested, a quick release plate with out visibility of mounts and a plate that can flip upside down when driving at high speed.

if anyone is having trouble grasping the concept, ill mount it and take pics.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Any mounted pictures?

I would imagine that either it sticks out a considerable distance or the license plate would scratch the bumper paint.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it cannot be used for a rear. Sorry

I dont have mounted pictures since im not really crazy about putting it back on the GSX.
This plate is completly adjustable, the height that the plate sits on the bumper and the amount it sticks out from the bumper can be adjusted easily.
This is the same design i have on my mx6, with this i added a hinge and spring.
I also made this design so it wont scratch the paint and so it doesnt stick out alot.

Here is a semi mounted picture:

Here is what the lic plate will do at higher speed, please note that i held this in place by hand and took a picture, so the position of the plate isnt entirely accurate or the same in each pic:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Not bad. I would wonder if the spring over time will fatigue causing rattling while just cruising around town not fast enough to have it slanted away from the upper stop points.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts