Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally started working on this thing...

Got the motor out in about 2 1/2hrs... By myself. :tup:

Is sat for a couple weeks on the floor, I putts'd around for a while swapping parts to the rebuilt motor every now and then...

Got it back in, roughly about 3hrs.

Still need to fill the trans oil and fire it up.. Then got some cosmetic stuff on the exterior/interior as well as wire up a security system..

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It only has a 130k on the OD, the original motor had a blown head gasket, Ill probaly fix that and keep that as a spare for the mx6. The motor I just put in was a full rebuild, along with new clutch and various other new parts. Also everything was reconditioned/cleaned up.

Ill be driving it as a daily this summer, something to replace my ATX 626, because I hate the atx (to slow, to many problems, burns alot a gas)

Well done King! Question though, is the rust a result of the Central US climate?
Rust is actually pretty mild, the only rust I found of concern was under the hood hinge supports. Also behind each door on the outside.

Don't you have different headlights for it too?
If I dont sell them first, I also got a set of mx6 rims to put on it..

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
No custom King6 parts eh? Which mx6 wheels you plan on putting on.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No custom King6 parts eh? Which mx6 wheels you plan on putting on.
You cant see, but in the very last picture posted, I got custom radiator supports on it.

Put on some my new style shifter bushings w/grease pockets

I got one of my timing belt tensioners on the motor :\

I didnt want to put my poly rear mount on (I dont want to put that much money into it) But the stock rear mount was junk. Actually dropped the motor in, and noticed how much the rear mount moved when I put the bolt in, ended up pulling the motor back out to put the poly mount in.

Probaly make another strut bar to put on it:

These Rims:

Ill also be installing a set of my newest design of traction bars for testing purposes

Will be putting on my gutted cat converter to, i figure I might beable to actually sell the stock one.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
dooo the nitrous.

i sorta like that strut bar, also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts