·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Copper wheels are the shit.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I think they look okay occasionally but I would get tired of them very quickly. I like a more subtle but still very unique look.

If I could afford some Axis wheels they make a few with what they call a "rose" lip on them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
didnt even know you had a thread here heh, looks good, like the others im interested on seeing the winter rims with rubber on em, on a side note, those rear mudflaps seem a little off, maybe it would look a little better if they didnt stick out past the body?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
The mud flaps are strictly functional but I like how they look. They keep the car cleaner and chip free on the dirt road near my house. Mazda3's don't have many mud flap options so these were the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
And Mazda3's have this thinnest paint ever! I was so pissed when I got my first 10 rock chips on the hood and above the windshield.....in the 1st month!!!! And of course me being a dent guy, I got a dent on the rail right by the mirror which is a no access spot :( I like the look of the mud flaps though and it's functionality.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Yeah I stopped looking for chips and dents. I live by the ten-foot rule when it comes to cars. As long as they look good from ten feet away it doesn't bother me.

I am totally undecided about what size I want those wheels in. They come in 18x7.5 +42 which will fit easily on my 3 and the lip is 2.5" on that size wheel. The other size I am considering is 18x8.5 +35 with a 2" lip. They would definitely take a good fender roll, possibly a pull, and a bit of camber to fit right. Not sure if I want to get that involved with wheel fitment or not. I could always space the 18x7.5's a bit to make them flush.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Well, seeing as how your project is low and slow you shouldn't worry too much about getting the biggest tires on the road as possible for traction. I say go with the 7.5 and make your life a lot easier. And like you said, if it doesn't poke enough you can get a 5 or 10 mm spacer and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
Yeah I was beginning to think that as well Mike. Go big or go home right?

This guy is running 17x8 +29 in the front which will sit the same as the 18x8.5 +35 on mine. He has 17x9 +37 in the rear so I would poke 4mm less than he does.

Basically they should sit perfectly but the 225 tire I plan on running might rub a bit. I will need a good flat fender roll before I decide whether to go with 215/40/18's or not.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I like Kevin's car quite a bit actually. The ms3 spoiler is about the only thing I don't like. His fitment makes those wheels work. They are only 17's too. It looks better than before when it had weds sa70's on it.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

They just didn't do anything for me. Plus the fitment was weird on them. Too much poke.

I am probably going to try to sell my ms3 wheels over the winter to start funding for my new setup. I might leave the tires on to help with the sale and go with 215/40/18 on the new ones but I haven't decided yet. It would probably be cheaper to at least try the 225/40's first.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I agree on the too much poke but those rims are waaaaaaaaaay better. I was about to get those rims but decided on the Volks instead. I'd go with the 225's...I would just hate saying my tire size is 215..... lol

81 - 100 of 518 Posts