Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I just sold one of my MX-6s, and the other one isn't far behind. I've got my eyes on a new toy. Sorry, the MX-6 just can't compete with new toys.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Hi All

For myself this site has been a great to get information. Many great members have contributed information to help me out on making some decision, and I do see and agree that the MX6 is a dying breed. My focus on keeping the car stock with Mazda parts, albiet ESpec Lights, Sills and Dynamat, will mostly end there, short of some nip and tucks.

Would a change to the layout of the site help my quad core desktop load thing quicker, yes!

I wish I could contribute back more than what I've taken, but almost everything has been done to our cars. I can sit back and surf and digest all the great advice that this board holds. Maybe the approach is to start to move it to an archive resource rather than try to push it for the newest and latest.

True I see people still asking help for current fixes, and I am one of them. It is great to know that 6'ers out there are here to help. But the redesign should focus on easier navigation and quality forums that can be found easier to the relivant project.

A couple of prior posts made mention that you can build something faster and better than a MX6, I agree with that. All the people I've recieved compliments from about my MX6 is the condition it is in. Performance doesn't seem to cross most of these people minds. They just appriciate a great looking car that has been well kept.

God forbid my MX6 died or got crushed by some car, chances are I would be onto something else.

My soft spot for this car isn't just looks or how it performs, it was given to e by my grandmother who raised me. So yes there is a huge sentimental attachment to this car, inheritance area I would also say. Thus, my interest to keep this car in as near mint condition and running well is a strong one. Poor wife, I get a little scuff on the body and I am out there for a couple of hours tending to the 6's "bruises" my Wife is a car-widow!

Again, thanks to all out there and keep this babies rolling!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I check out this site once awhile. I come here just to have some good old times and never login.

MX6 is old, Mazda is not the best make nowadays....... and there are no much people even know MX6 exist. In a way...........it makes the MX6 cool.....

Unless there is a new super car or something exciting from Mazda, people will not trace back the line and they will not notice the old models like MX6 or protégé. Funny how people will say straight out my 6 is the RX7......even I have debadged everything........

My 6 is now my toy. I just bought a complete dash of a 94 Honda Prelude. I always love that specific dash for his pilot feel dash. Anyway, I have no idea how to put it in…..but time will come……

I drive mostly the 3000GT and Z3 during weekend as they are both turbo and much more exciting to drive.

Lastly, if more people will spend more time on the 6 and make some exciting mod or modification, this will drive people back to this site. I always thought my Accord Conversion is crazy, but mine can’t complete with the Aston Martin Conversion which I found in this site……………

Good Luck MX6.com

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Simplify the forum structure. There's too many sub forums. Makes finding what you're looking for too laborious even with a search. People like to browse, if browsing is too difficult they won't....

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
This might be close to perfect

[/brutally honest]

To give some examples:
- Drop alot of the "sub-forums"
- instead of 10 different sale forums, have 3. For sale (general), for sale (cars) and Wanted. You dont need more than that imo.
- Order in order of importance. Except new members and Lounge, everything in "open forum" is useless stuff that should be placed further down on the index.
- 2nd gen. should be almost on top, under lounge and new members, then 1st gen after 2nd gen. since those are the core forums.

I would do:

General Mx6(section)
- News
- Rules
- Member presentations
- Lounge
- Projects (if you want people to read and write, make it accessible)

2nd gen (year) (section)
- (FAQ / how-to)
- Tech
- Performance (Forced Induction subforum)
- Appearance

1st gen (year) (section)
- (FAQ / how-to)
- Tech
- Performance (Forced Induction subforum)
- Appearance

Classifieds (Section)
- For sale - General
- For sale - Cars
- Wanted
- Group buys

General tech (Section)
- Stereo
- Suspension
- yada-yada

Other Mazda(Section)

Regional (Section)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just sold one of my MX-6s, and the other one isn't far behind. I've got my eyes on a new toy. Sorry, the MX-6 just can't compete with new toys.

are you sure about that sin city......my mx-6 can run circles around your new toy :E lol....and i'm in the process of makin it even faster!

·
Registered
67 Posts
IMHO this site loads incredibly slow compared to other sites. THe advertisements load instanly as info slow trickles in. This is from multiple computers i have used. And there is too many subforums. But i use the search button like crazy.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
are you sure about that sin city......my mx-6 can run circles around your new toy :E lol....and i'm in the process of makin it even faster!
Yes. V8 RWD circles. :tup:

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
Are you on a Web browser or mobile?

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
You should be able to click on your profile and in setting there should be an option to upgrade your membership. It's been a few years. When I get home I can do a quick refresh and walk you through it if needed

·
Registered
452 Posts
I wrecked my 6 back in 2006 and totaled it out once I realized that at the time I was a young kid without the money to be able to do anything meaningful to it as far as mods go.

I think the main problem as others have said is the car is getting to be rare, I haven't seen one in my city in at least a year. They are 90's cars, and a lot of the scene has grown up and bought minivans and trucks.

I do think the forums should be consolidated. The search function can always be improved.

If there is a way to promote mx6.com that would also help. I looked around and noticed that several sections have one post from this year. I loved my mx6, hell all this talk makes me want to find one as a project car now that I have more money to spend!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
haven't read through the whole thread but what about a $1500 300hp challenge?

Or talk to someone like Mighty Car Mods and tell them about the cheap potential of the F2T/FE3. See if they would make a show about the $500 bullet proof car.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts