Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, haha just signed on today, last time I signed on was 8-14-2006!

I used to have a 94 PGT atx, then a 95 PGT mtx, then an 89 PGT mtx. THOSE WERE THE DAYS! I forget I was a member on here, and as you can see, I joined in 2003 and this is my 18th post, so you can tell how often I frequented this forum.

Was a member on Probetalk, spent most of my time there. Don't own any Probes anymore, I have a Matrix XRS.

Anyways, being on Probetalk and here just gives me such nostalgia it's crazy. I reside in Los Angeles currently, and I do see 2g PGT's from time to time, also a few 1Gs, but I actually spot MX-6 LS' here pretty regularly, and luckily they are clean if they are a CA car.

Anyways, just wanted to stop by and say hello! Almost 10 years since I've been on here!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Seems VerticalScope is scooping up automotive forums and turning them into places to flat out dump ads. It's for revenue obviously but, some of the other forums i frequent have turned into a ghost town as soon as they come in / make drastic changes / Autoguide apps and all sorts of 'vigilink' stuff.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Want to save the community? Combine PT, MX6.com and Performance Probe.

Good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I just sold one of my MX-6s, and the other one isn't far behind. I've got my eyes on a new toy. Sorry, the MX-6 just can't compete with new toys.
I wrote this post on 7/11/11. I have both MX-6's again; the one I sold to a friend my wife bought back. Its funny but I keep coming back to this site.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I wrote this post on 7/11/11. I have both MX-6's again; the one I sold to a friend my wife bought back. Its funny but I keep coming back to this site.
The mazda MX6 was my first car 14 years ago and it still has a place in my heart, like I am suposed to go look at one tomorrow. But like you said bigger better and faster toys. This is his and hers now.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The mazda MX6 was my first car 14 years ago and it still has a place in my heart, like I am suposed to go look at one tomorrow. But like you said bigger better and faster toys. This is his and hers now.

Nice. My wife has been wanting a CTS-V Wagon for a long time. But we are wanting to pay off our house so new car plans are on hold for now. The old Mazdas will have to last me at least a few more years or more. We even sold our 2014 Mazda 6 to pay down our debt faster. I like having new stuff but I sleep better knowing our debt is low.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I hear ya no debit is awesome, These are business purchases for tax write off's because I own an auto repair shop. Toy cars or 30% of what ever I make to the welfare people...

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I joined this site a week or so ago i noticed there haven't been a lot of posts in a few years lol I'm in the process of making my 93 ls nicer *needs bodywork and wheels I hope there is aplace to post some pics as it comes along.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im build a car for the cannonball. Ls powered mx6. Help me build the car, ill win the cannonball. And well have mx6 decals on the car when I do it.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
When I joined this site a week or so ago i noticed there haven't been a lot of posts in a few years lol I'm in the process of making my 93 ls nicer *needs bodywork and wheels I hope there is aplace to post some pics as it comes along.
I worked out some time ago what time ago what would make my '94 mx6 much nicer. For not much money!

1. I owned an Audi a6 (died) and wondered why it appeared to be so solid (doors shut with a "thud"), no real road noise. Audi's solution - narrow strips of sound deadener inside panels, mostly in the middle of each panel. So, I grabbed a spray can of sound deadener, and replicated the same thing (including taking off the front wings). What an ENORMOUS difference when it comes to road noise, it is so much quieter. Just like a more modern car!

2. I bolted on a (94-97) 929 brake master cylinder (keeping the MX6 reservoir) and brakes from a 1996 Mazda 6 Turbo MPS (rotors & callipers), both front and back. Now the mx6 stops like a modern car should.

3. Short shifter and custom nylon washers to take out some of the "sloppiness" in gear changes.

4. Front and back strut braces to tighten handling, like a new car.

5. Light weight 17" Aluminium wheels, take out quite a bit of weight, which has obvious benefits.

6. JDM headlights with Xenon kit. (careful self levelling maybe required to be legal, especially going up hills)

7. Exhaust headers (extractors) and a hi-flow CAT.

I am fortunate to already have "Climate Control".

Lots of other cosmetic and convenient things... i.e. Bluetooth hands free radio/mp3/cd, Bose Amp (from an Audi).... Back Vinyl spray dye to freshen-up door cards. JDM SS scuff plates.

Next will be an ECU upgrade to say a 2002 Millenia/Eunos 800 ODBII with the MAF and IAT sensors from the same car (and a custom ODB1 to ODBII harness), for smoother engine response (can be turbo-ed, apparently).

Then more modern seats out of a later Mazda.. (not memory powered seats ... waste of time)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I remember years ago this forum was popping off!

Ive never owned a MX6 but I love Mazda motors, pre 93.

The only place i really see these cars is in picknpull lately. Pretty sad really but alot of owners of these cars really dont know what they have. The F2 motor is an awesome powerplant, but when the headgasket goes most of the time it seems so does the car/truck.

Ive been a Mazda B2200 owner since I was 18 and I dont ever plan to not have at least one in my life.

More modern and faster cars are great but building something brings so much more satisfaction.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts