Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
They might, but no one has ever reall tried it. The point of getting the Protege guards too was to allow you to put larger pads in the rear to better your rear braking. Should work without it though.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Ya...hahhha, I just figured it would be easier to NOT change the name and just follow along so that help was properly given. But thanks for pointing it out!

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I have no pics of them apart, but you'll need the whole caliper and bracket to do this properly. The bracket is the part that houses the Protege pads and bolts to the car. Here's the only picture I have of it:

Kind of "common knowledge" but there's the pieces you will need.

Let me know if you need other pictures, I have a few more kickin around on here.

-Matt

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
m-edition96 said:
and these calipers only improve rear braking?, not front? and i would need the rear calipers of a protege to put in the rear of my 6?
Well I don't know what rear brake conversions you've seen that improve front braking, but to anwser your question, yes, they only improve rear braking. It helps flatten the car out under heavy stops which in turn keeps braking power more even. By having that, your stopping power is greatly improved.

And yes, you will need the rear calipers and the guards/brackets/carriers or what ever you want to call them that mounts the caliper to the car.

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Oh ok, I cant believe that the bracket doesnt come with the caliper....that's screwed up. I wonder if the calipers that are already powdercoated on autozone come with the brackets?

Thanks I4!

Heather

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I seriously would check a local wrecking yard. I got mine for $10 CDN for both! That included everything but the pads, which I picked up in a rush for $50 CDN at Mazda (thats with my huge discount there).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts