Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my friands tried to race me after a cinema visit.he shifted down to 3`d gear and put the pedal to the metal,When he had 50m left to reach me i just pressed down the speeder in 5th and pulled avay.
when one of my passenger told him that i dont even shifted to keep him behind he looked like he should start to cry.
Before this he was sooo proud of the Volvo vith an 140hp 2,3l engine, he bougth a couple of weeks ago.And he used all possible oppournity`s to tell me how slow my "riceburner" was

This is the ugly Swedish junk the fool tried to race my "riceburner" with

Did the former designers at Volvo use rulers when they draw cars???})

N

·
0 Posts
not bad but most Volvo's i see don't look like that. Still it isn't anything special I 'd take a BMW Z3, Honda S2000, Cobra, Vette over any Volvo any day.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
surfstar said:
IS THIS UGLY?

This is one of the better looking Volvos :V but
i belive a car looking like this should have an engine too
Im not much into Volvo :V engines but i belive this one have
a pushrod 4 banger with maximum 2,0L
probably 1,8 and less than 85hp:V

Sportscar?????}) }) })

of corse you can throw in a BIIIIG engine but
you can do that with an Citroen 2CV :V too and its still not
a sportscar})

·
Registered
126 Posts
Stock they pretty much suck but the C70 or S70, cant remember, ran like high 15s (current market) it was in the loung under 1/4 times. A 350 conversion would make a great sleeper and a safe car. You cant beat a volvo.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Canabliss said:
Stock they pretty much suck but the C70 or S70, cant remember, ran like high 15s (current market) it was in the loung under 1/4 times. A 350 conversion would make a great sleeper and a safe car. You cant beat a volvo.
If i should do a V8 conversion in any car i would rather
put a big Lexus 32 valve engine in a Mazda 929 or even better a twin turbo 3 rotor rotary engine.Faster smother and more comfortable than any rear wheel driven Volvo, even if you throw in a heavy pushrod engine whos nearly unchanged since the 50`s.
when its comes to get a 350 in a C70 or similar it takes a wizard with lots of cash to succed.

N

·
0 Posts
15's ohhhh....big fuggin deal! There are Probes that run 12's when my NOS comes I take any slow ass volvo out there!

·
Registered
379 Posts
FE3T said:
Before this he was sooo proud of the Volvo vith an 140hp 2,3l engine, he bougth a couple of weeks ago.
I find it rather amusing that anyone would consider any 140-hp automobile to be fast. Hell, half the people here bitch about the 140-horsepower Mazda Miata being slow, even though it recorded a 0-60 mph (0-97 kph) time of 7.8 seconds in the hands of AutoCar (UK) magazine...

...BTW, have any of you guys seen the new Volvo S60/V70 T5? 250 horsepower turbo inline-5. First Volvo I've ever had a hard-on for... :eek:

*edit* Had to fix a rather embarrassing typo. I doubt any Vlvo has ever had 2150 horsepower :D */edit*

·
Registered
734 Posts
NOS97PGT said:
15's ohhhh....big fuggin deal! There are Probes that run 12's when my NOS comes I take any slow ass volvo out there!
Uhhh... BigProbe is one of the faster Probes at 13.8... and there's another one that Is almost to the 12's on Probetalk.. you make it sound like everyone runs that fast.. like they hang w/ high 14sec cars stock... 15's are NOT bad compared to most cars out there...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Proud Volvo owner almost cried

Apollo-Soyuz 1975 said:

I find it rather amusing that anyone would consider any 140-hp automobile to be fast. Hell, half the people here bitch about the 140-horsepower Mazda Miata being slow, even though it recorded a 0-60 mph (0-97 kph) time of 7.8 seconds in the hands of AutoCar (UK) magazine...

Of some strange reason Volvo 240.244 and 245 are very popular
here in Norway and their owners think they are the best and fastest car aviable aviable for that amount of money
if you try to tell them there are lots of reliable, fast and cheap cars with FAR better mileage and driveabillity they just look at you with the strange look a preacher would use if you swear in a church.:eek:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Proud Volvo owner almost cried

FE3T said:
Of some strange reason Volvo 240.244 and 245 are very popular
here in Norway and their owners think they are the best and fastest car aviable aviable for that amount of money
if you try to tell them there are lots of reliable, fast and cheap cars with FAR better mileage and driveabillity they just look at you with the strange look a preacher would use if you swear in a church.:eek:
That is strange! :eek:

Here, Volvo 240s are precieved as safe, stodgy cars that last forever and a day (so long as you keep the body from rusting away), are built like a bank vault, and driven by blue-haired old ladies... but the phrase "fast 240" is one of the biggest oxymorons of the automotive world :freak:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts