Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I’ve had a bit of a Goggle search on the web and there are a few pages but not any that get you money or cars instantly. They all seam to be just how to unlock/win cars and tracks..
It is hard to get going isn’t? , It’s a lot harder/realistic than the earlier ones.
Just keep plugging away…Remember “cheats never win” :p

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheating, its not cheating, its called working the game. Cheaters can win and often do!

You are right about being no real cheats for this game but it is bloody fun!

I have now got a gtr fully loaded with the best of everything.

·
Registered
621 Posts
What controller are you guys using? I'm contemplating a xmas layby of a complete PS2 setup with a couple of games and the right controllers.

All the PC driving games really "dumb down" for keyboard use and are only usable with a good wheel. What's the standard PS2 controller like for a driving sim?

Do you reckon it's worth the extra bucks shelling out for a wheel as well?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The PS2 controllers are just fine but the wheel MIGHT be better but it sure isnt cheap.

I have 2 controllers and a memory card. You definately need one of those puppies. Dont bother with the verical stand as you load the cd's horizontal, just like a disk drive. Try loading a cd with your comp. on its side!

Get two controolers and a memory card for starters because once you fork out the extra for the wheel you wont be getting it back. Get it later if necessary.

Get gran turrismo 3 for sure. It rules as long as you have 20+ hours. This game is sooooooo addictive and you can contiue to play for atleast 400 Hours on the one game. Amazing

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
OK Boys and Girls it has arrived the self-booting mod chip for PS2 of course!
This is an extract of an E.mail I got this to day…

This is a huge month for Backup Mall.
NEW October Releases
PLAYSTATION 2:
Top Gear Dare Devil
All-star Baseball 2002
All-Star Pro Wrestling
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Triple Play Baseball
Dark Angel: Vampire Apocolypse
Rune: Viking Warlord
MX2002 with Ricky Carmichael
NCAA Football 2002
Dave Mirra 2 BMX
Knockout Kings 2001
Flinstones
High Heat Baseball
Freakout
Evergrace
Theme Park 2001
Sky Surfer
Klonoa 2
Rugby EA Sports

OTHER NEWS: The long awaited NEO 4 Modchip has finally arrived.
Now you can play all your ps2 backups self boot.
Buy 4 Games Get 1 Free
Buy 7 Games Get 2 Free
Buy 10 Games Get 3 Free
Buy 15+ Games Get 5 Free
What are you waiting for??
www.backupmall.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a moment of weakness and bought a ps2 too! have been playing gt3 all weekend and loving it

err, whats a self-booting mod chip?

and hurry up and reply so i can keep playing.

Don

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ric - I've been told that the "GT Force" wheel is the best for the PS2, but I've never seen it. I'm looking to get a wheel soon, the standard controllers are ok, but I think a wheel / pedal setup will give you more "feel" and finesse when accelerating out of corners.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
It is basically so you can use copied .Er I mean backup games on your console…

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I bought the Gt Force wheel for $199. It's fantastic, great control and gives a real racing simulation.

It even works on the PC.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Pete - where did you buy your GT Force wheel from ? I checked K Mart & Target, and they didn't have it.....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Got mine from Harvey Normans. Kmart/Targart/Big W will not sell these.

Any Games stores will sell them

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thanks Pete, I'll check out Harvey Norman (or perhaps even Toys R Us ?) next time around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts