Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

silly question i guess, how does one remove a crank pully. i cannot stop the engine from turning so obviously the pully just goes around with it?? do i need a special tool or sommat??

Mike

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have tried holding it in place with an old belt and this does work, just cant get the central nut to undo, its not sommat stupid like a left hand thread is it??

Mike

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Mike

Just had a look at Mitchells and don't say it's a left hander, your gonna have to try and lock it up somehow, they can be VERY tight, to sat the least. see if there is a hole in the pully and inset something into it to hold it in place.

hope you get it m8.

Andy
ps
try jerking the bar very quick

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
posted by andy
try jerking the bar very quick
last time i tried that, the landlord complained, and decided i had had enough(grin).

thanks for the help as always andy, in the end i got a man in to sort it. just as well really as apparently the pulley bolts are tightened to 120 newtons. i now know the easy way to sort this, u put a socket on the bolt, a long socket handle on it, that reaches to the ground, and turn the engine over - works a treat. as to tightening, there is a plate under the engine that gives access to the drive plate, so u can lock the crank that way.

car seems to be fine now, just got to drive it lots to charge up the battery(grin).

Mike

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Mike

Glad you got it sorted m8, i think you must be meaning under the gearbox there is an inspection plate that can come off and you can lock the flywheel up with a large screwdriver ?, bit like the old cavvy setup.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts