Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I am new to the MX-6 and forced induction but not to cars in general. My taste always followed the muscle car path until I came across this little number.

About all I know about this car is that it and the Probe GT are basically the same car. The first turbo powered car I ever scared myself with was a 90 Probe GT. WOW! Never felt torque steer before that.

I aquired a 89 GT-Turbo. I dont know much about it. It does have the adjustable suspension and a switch to adjust from perf to econ. That is about all I know about it. I had intended on just selling it after I had the head replaced, but Ive kinda taken a liking to it and wouldnt mind keeping it for a toy.

I guess what I am after is how can I find out what my car is. What is the turbo, the factory hp rating stuff like that. And is it true that there was 4 wheel steering offered on this car?

Thanks

Refried

·
Registered
737 Posts
Please search 5 times before your next posting. Waste your own time, not everyone elses.

·
Registered
515 Posts
refried said:
Hello everyone.

I am new to the MX-6 and forced induction but not to cars in general. My taste always followed the muscle car path until I came across this little number.

About all I know about this car is that it and the Probe GT are basically the same car. The first turbo powered car I ever scared myself with was a 90 Probe GT. WOW! Never felt torque steer before that.

I aquired a 89 GT-Turbo. I dont know much about it. It does have the adjustable suspension and a switch to adjust from perf to econ. That is about all I know about it. I had intended on just selling it after I had the head replaced, but Ive kinda taken a liking to it and wouldnt mind keeping it for a toy.

I guess what I am after is how can I find out what my car is. What is the turbo, the factory hp rating stuff like that. And is it true that there was 4 wheel steering offered on this car?

Thanks

Refried
Well let me be the first to welcome you to these forums. As you can see IF you ask a often answered question the answer will be "SEARCH". But since you're new *and wern't we all at some point* I'll help you out.
1. IHI (hitachi)
2. 145 hp/4300rpm /190ft-lb 3,500rpm (many would argue @ the wheels)
3. Yes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts