Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/EPetitions_QLD/cgi-bin/Petitions.cgi?PetNum=553

If you are interested in signing a petition to get daylight savings, see above.

Interested in debating its usefulness can be done below... I'm obviously for it, at least for the SE corner where the majority of the population / businesses are so that we aren't out of synch with the rest of the eastern states / cities.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
HAHAHAHA! I thought it was a joke, but it's worse!

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
good enuff for me ill sign it.

EDIT:

meh there are more steps beyond Do you wish to sign this E-Petition? Yes so i guess i wont sign it. too lazy 2nite :zzz:

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
No it's one of the many reason to cal lyou lot Backwards

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Hopefully you can get at least a quarter of the population up there to care! I know the dairy farmers will hate it - because that'd mean they have to wake up an hour earlier!

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, the farmers... I hear that all the time. However, I think that if NSW, VIC & SA farmers can deal with it, why can't they? Besides, something like 65% of QLD's population live in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast (I looked it up on the ABS website the other day). Add in Rockhampton, Townsville, Cairns and Mackay and you don't have many farmers left.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Geez - good luck mate... In wait awhile (WA) we cant get it coz of the damn farmers (and I saying that coming from a farming family!).

Their excuse:
The curtains will stop giving milk and the cows will fade... Or is that the other way around?! I dont know both are equally as stupid.

We are already 2 hours behind the eastern sea board - lets make business SO much harder and let them get 3 hours in front.

Its a monumental pain in the ring when I need to call east, get busy in the morning and end up calling at 2:15pm to find that we are so far behind I may as well be working on a wednesday while the rest of aus has started the weekend.

/whinge off

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahhahaha, yea that is pretty much how I feel... being 3 hrs would just be a pain! When you get in at 9am, everyone on the east coast will be on lunch too :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
day light savings should be abolished. It serves no purpose.

I came to work 1 hr late today. BLOODY daylight savings:cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts