Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
not the axle... chances are that you caused some damage to your subframe. it sounds to me like you have a caster issue... its where the wheel is not centered in the wheel well. The 6 does not have an adjustment for said innacurracies.
i believe there is a company that offers an aftermarket subframe for the 6... you may wanna look into it... otherwise.. its a trip to the boneyard for you...

Happy scrap hunting! :wave:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Uhh, he also could have bent the inner tie rod or lower control arm.

It's impossible to tell what the damage is without looking at it.

Don't know where you got the "axle alignment" idea from, the only purposes the axles serve is to make the wheels rotate. The car's alignment is set with the position of the strut mount and by adjusting the position of the outer tie rod end.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
AdderMk2 said:
and the control arm being part of what..... oh yea... the subframe
Don't know what world you live in, but the subframe is what the control arm bolts to. The control arm is part of the SUSPENSION seeing as it MOVES.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Mx6Merker said:
hmm thanks guys i just thought maybe it was the axle that had been moved or something, im juts praying that it doesnt cost tooo much $$$, since im now asking this as a xmas gift lol to short on cash to pay for it
The only way the axle can move is if the transmission moves with it. The only way the transmission can move is if the entire engine and transmission are torn out of their mounts, which you clearly haven't done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts