Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a question about putting on a body kit. Where do u go and get this done, an auto body shop? Also how much does it normally cost to ahve one put one? When you have one put on I know you have to get it painted to match the body, but is it better just to get the whole car repainted??

Has anyone had this done in the Norhtern Nj area? (I'm looking towards you Jorge...)

[Edited by allworldkj on 02-28-2001 at 12:03 PM]

·
Registered
806 Posts
Body Kits

First of all it depends on the way the kit fits. If it is a pretty good fit bodywork is easier, if not well body work can be more involved. I have heard some people had some issues with the Erebuni kit like one side piece being too long and the other being too short. I think the kits look great though when put on. As far as cost I think you can look to pay 1 - 2K at least. Then you have to paint it. Matching it to your paint or getting the whole car painted is based on the condition of your current paint. Fading or aged paint can be matched, but why? Try to find a body shop that does a lot of this work, they will know what they are doing and should be able to do the job quicker and for less. I know a guy in Maryland that will paint your entire car for $650. I don't know if he would want to tackle the body work, but he will paint the kit after it is fitted for sure. I once asked him about the Erebuni kit and he rolled his eyes, he said something about bad fit, mumble, mumble. If you want to contact him e-mail me.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
also ask around, the area for a GREAT fiberglass body shop. the place i am getting mine done at, specializes in fibergalss. and i have seen a few project he has done. and stay in conact with the project. take a trip down there every day and ask them how it is going and get to know them. maybe you can get a deal. later

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Prices!!!!

allworldkj said:
Hey everyone I have a question about putting on a body kit. Where do u go and get this done, an auto body shop? Also how much does it normally cost to ahve one put one? When you have one put on I know you have to get it painted to match the body, but is it better just to get the whole car repainted??

Has anyone had this done in the Norhtern Nj area? (I'm looking towards you Jorge...)

[Edited by allworldkj on 02-28-2001 at 12:03 PM]

I've done a previous post on "Body Kit Installation prices??????", do a quick search and they have the information for you there. Hope this helps.

Later

Ruby

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts