Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just received my cold air intake in the mail. I haven't installed it yet, I was just wondering if you can just hook the air filter directly onto the MAF, the reason being is that since I live in Calgary, there is alot of snoww so I thought maybe I would just run it as a short ram intake in the winter and then drop it in the summer. So can it just easily hook up to the MAF? or will it not fit for some reason?....I just don't wanna rip off the stock box until I know so I don't waste me time :p

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Yup shouldn't have a problem doing that for winter. You'll see more gains with the whole pipe but should be fine otherwise.

metros

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
What difference does winter make?

No substantial amount of snow is going to make it past the splash guard. I drove all last winter with a full CAI.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm I dunno...I have just heard it wasn't good to run it in alot of snow. Also would keep it alot cleaner...im sure it would get pretty mucky on those real slushy days after a huge snowfall melts the next day.....but this is my first cold air intake...so i don't really know too much

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Fokz said:
hmmm I dunno...I have just heard it wasn't good to run it in alot of snow. Also would keep it alot cleaner...im sure it would get pretty mucky on those real slushy days after a huge snowfall melts the next day.....but this is my first cold air intake...so i don't really know too much
Not really, it sits above the splash guard. Not saying it will be spotless after the winter, but c'mon... it's an engine bay, what do you expect?

You should be changing the filter after the winter is over anyway

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well maybe I will install it once it gets a lil warmer, its -18 right now w/o windchill...so I don't wanna deal with metal piping in that weather....My hands may get stuck to it:p

I have another question though, since I'm not installing it right this second, I was just wondering what all of the stuff on my intake tubing is for....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts