Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
question about trany

ok i have been looking on the canadian auto trader and stuff and i see tons of mx-6 for sale. most r 93 and 94 .. now i know they have a prob with the trany. but say i have a prob . instead of keep fixin it. could i just go and find a trany out of 95+ and drop it into it. or did the change the mounting ponit and stuff to when they fixed the probs.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
It's not a year related problem.

It's a tranny related problem.

As in all of the ATX might and probably will have problems and fail on you.

And inverse of that is the MTX which is pretty darnn reliable unless you got some turboed torque monster.

So the lesson is to buy the MTX and it won't give you any problems. Assuming you take it to a mechanic first and made sure that it was in tip top condition.

Oh and "I can't drive an MTX" is no excuse to get an ATX (automatic.) You can always learn and if you haven't it's darn good time to start.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i wanted an mtx but i went with what i can afford. the price and the mileage were right, and it had a brand new atx, so how wrong could i go?

but yeah... guys who drive stick are just sexier.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help guys. cuz i can get pertty sweet deals one 1993-1994 6ers. pluse i just like the dash a bit better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts